The group was created in 1997 through the incorporation of a number of long-established tourism companies.
The Tourvest Group is one of the world's leading integrated tourism groups, made up of the following divisions:
- Travel Retail: Destination Retail Stores, Airport Duty Free Stores, Inflight Retail Services, Restaurants & Taverns, Jewellery Stores.
- Destination Management: Inbound wholesale, Global Sports Travel, Meetings Incentives Conferences Events (MICE), Tours.
- Travel Services: Travel Management Companies, Online Booking Tool (TravelIT).
- Accommodation & Activities: Portfolio of owned and/or managed hotel and game lodge properties.
- Financial Services: Foreign Exchange outlets.
These divisions include > 60 sector leading brands, employing > 5000 colleagues.
Tourvest's steady growth as a leading integrated tourism group has been driven by a commitment to exceptional quality, service and value; its people centred business philosophy; the development of mutually rewarding partnerships; constant innovation and world-class technology.
Tourvest is an entrepreneurial business and each division is run as an autonomous business unit with separate boards supported in its efforts by the Group Company